cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Restore from disk storage nicht auswählbar

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Hallo,

Ich verwende für differenzial Sicherung eine USB-Festplatte (backup to disk storage). Bei einem Restore-Job kann im letzten

Auswahl-Menu (Restore-Wizard) jedoch nur das ebenfalls angeschlossene Ultrium-Laufwerk (für Komplett-Sicherungen) ausgewählt werden.

Das Backup to Disk Medium kann nicht ausgewählt werden (erscheint nicht im Pull-Down-Menu).

Festplatte ist angeschlossen und ich habe habe die Platte nochmals zur Sicherheit inventarisiert - leider ohne Erfolg.

O/S: W2K8 R2

BE Version: 2012

Bitte um Hilfestellung - Danke.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Case : 04758658

Problem is solved - after renaming of the catalog-directory and "inventory and catalog" of the

disk storage restore works fine - thx for the supprt.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

lmosla
Level 6

Hello  Please use this document for a solution http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH187735

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Hallo,

Sorry, link does not work or i am not authorized. Can not access the url.

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Hallo,

Sorry, link does not work or i am not authorized. Can not access the url.

lmosla
Level 6

Hi, 

Here the main points of the document:  

'Cause

If the default installation drive does not have enough space during an upgrade to Backup Exec 2012 and the Backup-to-disk Folder is moved to another volume, then Backup Exec cannot find the backup-to-disk folder.

Solution

1. In the Backup Exec Administration Console, on the Storage tab, in the Configure operation group, click Configure Storage.

2. Follow the prompts to import the legacy backup-to-disk folder from the new location.

3. Right-click the backup-to-disk folder, and then click Inventory and Catalog.'

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Hi,

I did not made an upgrade. I installed BE2012 on a new installed server a few weeks ago.

The B2D-folder was new created with BE2012 and was not moved.

1_Home_0.jpg

2_Storage_0.jpg

3_BackupSet_0.jpg

4_RestoreWizard.jpg

You can see, that i can not select the B2D-media for restore (only tape drives).

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the 'Virtual disk service' started in Windows services console. Also try to look for errors regarding this in Event Viewer.

Ed_Fox
Level 3

The "virtual disk service" ist started.

I found following error in the event-log (Source CAPI2):

-------------------------------------
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary EraserUtilRebootDrv.

System Error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

-------------------------------------

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Restart VDS and then restart BE services to see if that helps.

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Restarted VDS and BE services. After starting BE2012 i get following error message:

6_DriveWarning.jpg

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Attempt to restart BE services again and see it fixes it. I would say if possible reboot the entire server if possible.

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Restarted BE services but same problem; can't restart server in the moment.

It is very incomprehensible for my appreciation that i can make backups (incl. verify) without errors

but restore is not possible.

'll get back after server reboot...

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Hi,

After Reboot of the server same probem. In the meantime i have created a disk storage on a NAS.
Same problem - i only can restore data from a tape-drive but not from a disk storage (not selectable
in the restore-wizard - strange....

addendum: i found out, that i can restore a backup from a remote server i have backed up but not from the server, where BE2012 is installed ?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

This surely sounds different and strange indeed. Have you opened a support case, if not please open a support case and work with a Symantec technician. Also, message me the case number, I will review the logs and see if I find something.

Ed_Fox
Level 3

Case : 04758658

Problem is solved - after renaming of the catalog-directory and "inventory and catalog" of the

disk storage restore works fine - thx for the supprt.