Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 SBE licenses

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi guys,

Another question here, with regards to the licenses that the new Backup Exec 2012 have. It states that SBE has a maximum of 3 licenses that can be purchased once required. It also states that the license you can purchase are only limited to Agent for Windows, Agent for Linux and Agent for MAC. Is the Agent for Apps and DB also available for purchased for the BE2012 SBE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if the base license ships with those agents (and it's worded like it does!), then yes, the applications would be protected by the agent.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi there,

Check the link below with the licensing guide:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178483

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178479&actp=search&viewlocale=en_...

You should get your answers there.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just to explain...SBE 2012 Edition will protect up to 3 servers (in combination of VMs/physical). The Hyper-V agent covers VMs hence not needing the RAWS agent, and database agents are covered by the base license. Check pg. 6 of the guide above.

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

"database agents are covered by the base license.", with regards to this if i add 2 more servers and i need to backup a database or exchange, do i need to purchase the apps and db license to be able to backup those applications other than the agent for windows that i had purchased?

CraigV

It doesn't say anything. So it looks like the 3 licenses protect the 3 servers with whatever is on them!

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

So it seems like all of the app running inside the server is protected even if we dont purchase the apps and db license?

CraigV

...if the base license ships with those agents (and it's worded like it does!), then yes, the applications would be protected by the agent.