cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 SP2 linux license corrupted

Ricky_Yau
Level 3

Dear all support,

I always using Backup Exec 2012 version14 SP2 to bckup. I always add the license for backup new servers and no problem.

Recently, our company bought some license for backup new Linux servers.

I generated the slf files form Veritas. I imported the slf file and installed it. 

After the installation, I can't backup all linux servers. It said that "No license for Backup Exec Unix Agent"

1.JPG

I checked the License information, the Agent for Linux has license and installed.2.JPG

I tried install the SP4. The SP4 insallation is completed but I checked it still is SP2.

I can't deleted the new license file. I tried to repir the Backup Exec from DVD but still failed.

I has a backup for the backup server (Whole C:). I tried deleted the Program files/Symantec  folder and restored the old backup to it. But still failed.

How can I back to before update new license files period? Please Help T.T !!! Thanks!!! a.s.a.p.

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Deleting the installation and trying to reinstall is going to extremes...did you try regenerating the *.slf file again?

I tried to remove the *.slf files but not success. And then I re-generate and reinstall the new slf files but same as informed no Linux license.

3.JPG