cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 SQL Full then Inc backup, Inc backup does not run

trelectric
Level 3

I have a MS Server 2008, SQL 2012 server I've been backing up for a while now.  Basically, I configured a Full backup job to run nightly followed directly by an Incremental job to fullfill the Logs backup requirement.  These backups go to a virtual tape library then get dumped to tape automatically after an eject of the virtural tape occurs.  So, I set the Inc job to eject the tape.  The requirement here being I need a nightly full backup to disk, then tape.  Problem is... Just the other day, the Incremental job just won't run anymore, no error, doesn't even show up in the log even though it's clearly scheduled.  Is there some unstated rule in BE2012 that it doesn't run a second Incremental stage if a Full backup occurs?  I'd expect an error or a skipped job message to at least indicate what happened.  It's just odd.  Like I said, it WAS working then just quit last week.  I even deleted the old job and created a new to see if that was the issue with no luck.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

trelectric
Level 3

Ultimately found this to be the case...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH153323&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1361281613182

No HP Services here.  I set the job to "Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media available".  

It's a bug.  Please fix in the next release.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

Hi trelectric,

Do you have all the Backup Exec live updates installed and pushed out to your remote servers?

trelectric
Level 3

Well... now it is.  I'll report back and see if that fixes the issue.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to do a repair of the BEDB

trelectric
Level 3

I got a result.  After I applied the updates on that server, the job finally errored out that night.  I got a "No appendable media could be mounted."  So, I looked into the Media Set it was using and made some adjustments.  Hopefully the job runs fine tonight.  Thanks.

trelectric
Level 3

Ultimately found this to be the case...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH153323&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1361281613182

No HP Services here.  I set the job to "Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media available".  

It's a bug.  Please fix in the next release.  Thanks.