cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Support for OL6.3...Seriously!

Michele_2
Level 4

Hello,

My environment is quickly moving forward wiith Linux kernel updates and BE2012 is not following soon enough!

The current SCL shows compatibility up to Oracle Linux 6.1. Oracle is already relesing OL6.5. I have tested with the higher kernel and BE2012 will not work.

I am running BE2012 SP3 on a Windows 2008 R2 server.

Does anyone at Symantec have a clue as to when the compatibility will be updated.

My planned production environment will be Oracle Linux 6.3 with the kernel level - 2.6.39-200.24.1.el6uek.x86_64

Thanks

Michele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  

you can also make product enhancement requests and track your request's progress here on this site by selecting Create Content and clicking Idea

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Unfortunately, Symantec does not publish a support roadmap

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  

you can also make product enhancement requests and track your request's progress here on this site by selecting Create Content and clicking Idea

Michele_2
Level 4

Thank you for the advice. I can only hope that Symantec gets up to speed with the Linux environments!

teiva-boy
Level 6

Netbackup is much more proactive to this, and not BackupExec.  Of course you are paying for that...  Perhaps its time to use an enterpise backup app, especially if you can afford Oracle.