Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - Using USB disk as offsite storage

Todd_Altpeter
Level 2

Experts,

I have the following configuration for my backup drives

4 - drives connected to Raid Card via eSata

1 - USB drive for weekly offsite backups. (The are 2 drives in total.  One is in the building and the other is offsite and I trade them weekly)

I run full backups on Friday nights and drop differentials through out the week to the eSATA drive.  I then Duplicate the full backup on Fridays to the USB drive which will be taken offsite on Monday and replaced with the second drive.

In BE2010 I could just swap the drives out and do an inventory and the system would recognize the new drive.  I don't seem to be having the same luck in BE2012.

So the question is:  Is anyone else doing something like this, How did you configure the storage of the USB disks, what are the steps that need to be performed when swaping out the offsite disks.

Thanks in advance

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Todd_Altpeter
Level 2

Thanks,  That was exactly what I was looking for!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...maybe, when quoting someone's article, add in that the person who wrote it deserves a vote up on it, especially considering the amount of time that goes into it wink

AmolB

Well when you open the article it clearly shows who has written it, I understand it takes lot of

efforts to write an article but its upto the posters if they want to vote up.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...be professional & give credit where credit is due...it is the least you can do!

AmolB

I can give credit from my side but how can I force posters to give credit to the article or blogs.

While quoting articles do you want me to specify that the poster has to give a vote up to the article.laugh