cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 fails every weekend (Recurring)

hawksupport
Level 3

Hello All;

So for the past 2-3 weekends, I've noticed that my BE2012 fails on all jobs. It's failing every Saturday. So I'll start with the details:

System:
Windows Server 2008R2
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 SP3 (Hotfix 213186 installed)
Agent on BE2012 server = 14.0.1798.1300 
Agent on all Remote Agents = 14.0.1798.1300 (Installed last week - see below)

So week 1.
Saturday all jobs failed. The error said:
"

Job ended: Saturday, April 05, 2014 at 11:00:52 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Agent for Windows. The correct version of the Agent for Windows must be running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

All remote agents were running a different version than 14.0.1798.xxxx (don't remember off the top of my head). So I maunally updated the remote agent on all servers. And waited.  All jobs throughout the week went successfully until again Saturday - Failed again.

Week 2. 
Saturday all jobs failed.  The error said:

Job ended: Sunday, April 06, 2014 at 1:00:04 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39777

So I checked the settings and we are not using the system logon account. We are using custom logon accounts. Test/Edit credentials are valid and testing successfully!

Another wierd thing that is happening. When we RDP into the BE2012 server and open Backup Exec 2012 - it automatically asks for credentials to the local server and will not open until the services are restarted. 

Any ideas ? Please

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Services restarted? Are they already stopped (which I suspect they will be)?

If so, check below and make sure the BE service account has the required logon rights:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23689

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After updating the media server and the remote agents, did you reboot the servers?

hawksupport
Level 3

Remote agent & BE2012 server all restarted.

hawksupport
Level 3

System Logon Account is an Domain Admin & Local Administrator on the BE2012 server