cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BE2012SP2] SPS GRT Index Catalog creation EXTREMELY slow

SG
Level 4

Hello,

We're using BE2012 to backup our SharePoint 2010. Within the backup  job we use the "Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)" as it is very important for us to also be able to restore individual items.

20-08-2013 08-41-43.png

Suddenly the "Catalog Job" which starts after the backup itself took ages (several days!!) with an average job rate between 0 and 1 MB/Min.

20-08-2013 08-39-47.png

We're running this backup to disk and nothing was changed before that catalog job started to creep (it worked well for a couple of month before!).

I hoped that the Service Pack 2 of Backup Exec 2012 would solve this problem. So we decided to install this update on our media server and all servers with remote agent - but without success! frown

So does anybody has a solution for this issue? I only read several posts reporting the same issue - but all without a solution...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
 SG

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you noticed any change in the disk activity either on the Media Server or on the SharePoint server. Also, have you installed any non BE hotfixes or patches before this issue like, windows HFs or SharePoint HFs.

SG
Level 4

No change in the disk activity on the media server or SharePoint server.

We're only applying the regular Microsoft updates on our servers.

As soon as I uncheck the GRT option the backup works fast and without any problems.

With checked GRT option the backup itself is fast as well but the catalog job on the media server is damned slow.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It is better if you open a support case and work with tech support as you have already applied SP2.