cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 - Cannot install Agent on virtual machines

Triven
Level 4

Hi All,

I have Backup Exec 2014 installed on a Windows 2012 Standard HyperV server. I have 3 virtual servers in which the agent appears to be installed but only one of these virtual servers Agents can establish a connection. The HyperV server itself cannot establish a connection even though the software is installed directly on this box.

I can see the servers listed in the Backup and Restore tab but all 3's status says 'Connection Not Established'.

When i right click on these servers and choose 'Establish Connection' nothing happens.

There is a service pack update but this will not install via live update.

Could anyone offer any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Triven
Level 4

Hi Craig,

Apologies for the delay in reply.

This did not fix the issue but what did was the credentials for each of the machines, they needed to be set to system logon account, which for some reason they were not. All working now,

Thanks for youre help though

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewalls. This is what BE uses to communicate on between the media server and remote servers.

Thanks!

Triven
Level 4

Hi Craig,

Apologies for the delay in reply.

This did not fix the issue but what did was the credentials for each of the machines, they needed to be set to system logon account, which for some reason they were not. All working now,

Thanks for youre help though

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Great stuff!