cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 Email Archiving Option not supported on Server 2012??

bharrison
Level 3

I recieved my new license codes today to complete my migration from beta BE2014 to RTM 2014.  All my codes were accepted, but I could not active the email archiving feature of BE2014. I recieve the following message when I try to turn it on:

6-30-2014 8-21-29 AM.png

So what gives here? I am happy that BE2014 is finally released, and have been using it throughout the beta with great success, but this feature for some reason hasn't made the transition yet?? Seems like a glaring omission, since the whole point of BE2012 was to get support for server 2012! I've been sitting on this license for quite some time, and I was looking forward to being able to implement email archiving to ease the burden on some massive (60gb!) mailboxes!

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure we currently have a timescale (not in the office currently to check due to the timezone I am in) 

You could invest in the full EV release which gives extra functionality as well but other than this I don't think there are alternatives

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver

Unfortunately the embedded version of EV that is included as the engine for the Backup Exec Archiving Option is not the most recent and therefore cannot run on Windows 2012. I believe this is because the EV code for the very latest operating systems and Exchange versions was not available for the BE developers by a suitable date to give the BE team chance to port and test the changed code into the embedded version.

Unfortunately this will impact customers like yourself.

bharrison
Level 3

Do you know if there is any sort of time frame for when this functionality may become available? Also, are there any alternatives here, or are my licenses more or less useless until BE has been updated with newer EV code?

Colin_Weaver

I am not sure we currently have a timescale (not in the office currently to check due to the timezone I am in) 

You could invest in the full EV release which gives extra functionality as well but other than this I don't think there are alternatives

bharrison
Level 3

That is very disappointing, but I guess there is no alternative for the time being. We cannot justify upgrading to EV simply for email archiving, our backups are simply not that demanding.