cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 SP2 - Automated Credentials Check Fails

cjfoxton
Level 3

Both virtual servers also fail the manual credentials check on what appears to be a spurious volume shown as

Volume{009776b7-d283-11e2-a7bd-806e6f6e6963} on one virtual server, the second virtual server shows a similar resource that it can not check.

The icon shown to the left of Volume is a disk drive.

Any ideas on excluding these from the credentails check rather than just ignoring it or turning it off?

If I run the credentials check from the host server everything passes.

Thanks

Colin

10 REPLIES 10

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look @ this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223477

You could consider running the check only at the server level and see if that helps.

cjfoxton
Level 3

Thanks for the reply

Looked at the tech note first and decided that I'd rather not turn the feature off as it might find something useful in the future.

Same problem exists at server level credential check.

I have no idea what these volumes are as they do not appear in the device manager for the virtual servers concerned with the name shown in BE.  I'm guessing they are the 100Mb Windows install partitions as seen by BE but have no way of excluding them in BE.  Is this thought correct?

VJware
Level 6

Does the credentials test pass if you assign a drive letter to the 100MB partition ?

And is this a Hyper-V setup or VMware ?

cjfoxton
Level 3

If I assign a drive letter to the system reserved volume can it be undone later if it causes issues?

Hyper-V setup

VJware
Level 6

Yes, it can be undone. Would you post a screenshot of the Hyper-V selections showing the volume GUID ? Thanks.

cjfoxton
Level 3

I the attached shows what you are looking for.

The drive without the drive letter i assume is the 100Mb windows partition common to windows 7 & 8 etc.

VJware
Level 6

I had a same test setup. Credentials test failed when a drive letter was not assigned to the system reserved partition. After assigning a drive letter, the test was succcessful. I also had to highlight the volume GUID from the credentials tab and delete it.

cjfoxton
Level 3

So the conclusions are

1. There is no way of excluding a drive that does not have a drive letter

2. There is no way of including an unassigned drive in a backup

3. There is no way of excluding an unassigned drive in the credentials check

Workaround

1. Assign a drive letter.

2. Remove the unassigned volume from the credentials and let the credentials check find the new drive letter instead.

3. Include or exclude the system reserved partition as required in the backup

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

I don't have a test system, but I believe you should be able to try this.

No need to assign a drive letter. Double-click on the server from the Backup & Restore tab and click on Credentials on the left side. Highlight the volume GUID and choose Delete Resource. This way, it won't get backed up nor will the credentials test check this resource. However, if automatic resource discovery is ON, then this volume will get added back.

cjfoxton
Level 3

OK Thanks

That was my understanding as to how it worked