Highlighted

BE2014 V-Ray complains about DLO_BE ms sql database in BKUPEXEC

I have BE2104 V-Ray lisence.

BE2014 is installed in virtual server.... and yes, I know this is not recommeded by Symantec, but I anyway have this kind of setup.

I keep getting following error message when I do backup of server with MS SQL database:
"Backup- <server>.<domain>.local\BKUPEXEC
V-79-40960-37912 - Database BE_DLO is offline, loading, or in the standby state.  Only online databases can be backed up.
"

BE_DLO is located inside BKUPEXEC instance which is up and running.

I do not have DLO option installed on server anymore (= in Programs and features).
I have had DLO7.5 installed earlier, but it has been removed and is not there anymore.
I guess BE_DLO is there because I have earlier had BE2010 which has then been upgraded to BE2010R3 and finally to BE2014.

How can I get rid of this "BE_DLO" ?

BKUPEXEC_service.pngBE_DLO.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

...you might want to open a

...you might want to open a support call with Symantec to see if they can edit this out of the BEDB.

Otherwise just deselect it from the backup.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Accepted Solution!

...you might want to open a

...you might want to open a support call with Symantec to see if they can edit this out of the BEDB.

Otherwise just deselect it from the backup.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

BE2014 is installed in

BE2014 is installed in virtual server.... and yes, I know this is not recommeded by Symantec, but I anyway have this kind of setup.

Its not recommended only if you use pass-thru storage devices such as a tape unit connected to the virtualized VM, else having BE on a virtual server is perfectly fine.

If DLO isn't being used anymore, then ~

Using SQL Management Studio or OSQL, deattach and delete the DLO DB. And check if the DLO mdf/ldf files are still present in the actual physical location or not. If yes, they can be removed as well. (Cannot edit out of BEDB as BEDB & DLO DB are 2 separate DBs.)

Alternatively, there isn't any need to explicitly backup the SQL instance used by Backup Exec, as Backup Exec automatically backs up its DB as part of a daily maintenance plan.

Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for the clarification of the issue. I may do this later, in case this issue still will cause me problems. So far I just deselected DLO DB from backup task.