cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 V-Ray complains about DLO_BE ms sql database in BKUPEXEC

dss_thinktank
Level 4

I have BE2104 V-Ray lisence.

BE2014 is installed in virtual server.... and yes, I know this is not recommeded by Symantec, but I anyway have this kind of setup.

I keep getting following error message when I do backup of server with MS SQL database:
"Backup- <server>.<domain>.local\BKUPEXEC
V-79-40960-37912 - Database BE_DLO is offline, loading, or in the standby state.  Only online databases can be backed up.
"

BE_DLO is located inside BKUPEXEC instance which is up and running.

I do not have DLO option installed on server anymore (= in Programs and features).
I have had DLO7.5 installed earlier, but it has been removed and is not there anymore.
I guess BE_DLO is there because I have earlier had BE2010 which has then been upgraded to BE2010R3 and finally to BE2014.

How can I get rid of this "BE_DLO" ?

BKUPEXEC_service.pngBE_DLO.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to open a support call with Symantec to see if they can edit this out of the BEDB.

Otherwise just deselect it from the backup.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to open a support call with Symantec to see if they can edit this out of the BEDB.

Otherwise just deselect it from the backup.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE2014 is installed in virtual server.... and yes, I know this is not recommeded by Symantec, but I anyway have this kind of setup.

Its not recommended only if you use pass-thru storage devices such as a tape unit connected to the virtualized VM, else having BE on a virtual server is perfectly fine.

If DLO isn't being used anymore, then ~

Using SQL Management Studio or OSQL, deattach and delete the DLO DB. And check if the DLO mdf/ldf files are still present in the actual physical location or not. If yes, they can be removed as well. (Cannot edit out of BEDB as BEDB & DLO DB are 2 separate DBs.)

Alternatively, there isn't any need to explicitly backup the SQL instance used by Backup Exec, as Backup Exec automatically backs up its DB as part of a daily maintenance plan.

dss_thinktank
Level 4

Thanks for the clarification of the issue. I may do this later, in case this issue still will cause me problems. So far I just deselected DLO DB from backup task.