cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014

SymQNA
Level 5

I  am insalling BE2014 on Win2012. According Symantec White Paper, we need to install SQL full instance to support more than 50 media servers. Is SQL server 2008 standard a good choice? Any suggestion for the SQL server version?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Should work just fine. SQL 2008 is listed as supporting the BEDB, as well as SQL 2008 R2, SQL 2012 and SQL 2014.

My only suggestion would be to check the end-of-support date for SQL 2008 on the Microsoft site to make sure you won't run an unsupported database application for the BEDB. Otherwise it's supported and will work.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is probably referring to the fact that, by default, BE 2014 will install SQL Express 2008 R2 SP2.

You should always check the SCL for the latest information on what is supported and what is not.  The other documents are not updated so often

See page 57 of the SCL below for what versions of SQL you can use for the BEDB.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217478

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Should work just fine. SQL 2008 is listed as supporting the BEDB, as well as SQL 2008 R2, SQL 2012 and SQL 2014.

My only suggestion would be to check the end-of-support date for SQL 2008 on the Microsoft site to make sure you won't run an unsupported database application for the BEDB. Otherwise it's supported and will work.

Thanks!

SymQNA
Level 5

But according to Backup Exec 2014 Quick Installation Guide, it only mentions SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 in the minimum system requirements

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is probably referring to the fact that, by default, BE 2014 will install SQL Express 2008 R2 SP2.

You should always check the SCL for the latest information on what is supported and what is not.  The other documents are not updated so often

See page 57 of the SCL below for what versions of SQL you can use for the BEDB.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217478