cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEDB SQL Replication

Cupis
Level 4

Hi All,

Now I am sure I am treading in territory that many say not to tread, but I am curious if anyone has done Database replication with the BEDB Database?

I know one challenge would be getting the SQL instance updated to standard and not using Express.

Kind Regards,

Cupis

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I guess this would be easy enough if the BEDB was installed on an SQL instance, but wouldn't tamper with this if you're trying to replicate SQL Express to SQL. This is more a question to ask in the Microsoft forums.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not really sure what you intend to do with it when it is replicated as BE cannot be configured to be aware of the second instance for any kind of failover.

Cupis
Level 4

Thanks for the replies thus far.

Well It will be mostly for reporting and monitoring. I have built some sql queries and powershell scripts which will do certain scenario checks and report on them. Its just easier to have a central location to get the info from rather than pulling from different servers all over the place.

So its not for any sort of control of BE, but rather for reading off.

Im busy also playing with CASO to see if it will do things I want rather than setting up a mirror.

Cupis
Level 4

Just an update:

I have looked at what information you can centralise off CASO and I can typically get all the Data I want for Reporting. Unfortunately there is a possibility that I cannot use CASO because of workgroups etc, so I am still looking into SQL Replication to centralise the information I want.

I'll post my findings

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Otherwise use something like Robocopy and script a manual copy of the bedb.bak file and Catalogs folder.

Thanks!