cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEData shrinks data - But should not.

lnino1982
Level 4

Hi at all,

I am using Symantec Backup Exec 2014 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I have a B2D target where I backup my fileserver.

On the job I made the setting to keep the data for 8 days.

But every morning when look into the folder I can only see the bkf files of the last 2 days.

When I look some time later into the folder only the backup files of the last day is there.

Maybe an older value is active? It could be possible that I have set it at the beginnging to 1 day.

But how can I check? Shall I create a job new? Or can I check it somewhere why my b2d is getting smaller and smaller. :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The retention period is set when the backup set is created by the job. You can retain it by right-clicking on the disk storage and then the backup set in the Storage tab. After you change the retention period, it will only take effect after the change

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The retention period is set when the backup set is created by the job. You can retain it by right-clicking on the disk storage and then the backup set in the Storage tab. After you change the retention period, it will only take effect after the change

lnino1982
Level 4

Thanks for your reply. Now I understand, the backups got the expiration date from the old settings.

Now I can see that the backup from yesterday and the day before have a much higher expiration date.

This helped a lot.