cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEMCLI - getting a job log in xml format

crakeador
Level 3

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me. I am using BEMCLI module in Powershell and I would like to receive a job log in xml format. Directly, using Get-BEJobLog you can receive the log file in txt or html format. Do you know a easy way to receive the log file on xml format?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I am not in front of the console at the moment, so if you need further details let me know. The. Get_BEJobHistory cmdlet has a field which give you the path to the joblog which is in XML format

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I am not in front of the console at the moment, so if you need further details let me know. The. Get_BEJobHistory cmdlet has a field which give you the path to the joblog which is in XML format

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just as an FYI if that gives the path and .xml file name, then the file itself might be missing the formatting if just copied. Which is why support often ask customer with active support cases to save the job logs as .html due to our gather tools would only get the unformatted .xml versions (which are much harder to read)

Kind of depnds on if you want to open the result in a browser, or parse the file with some kind of script as to how useful it might be.

crakeador
Level 3

Hi Guys,

thanks for your reply. Right, Get_BEJobHistory provides the xml path.

I wish you a good day.