cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEMCMD and a generated selection list

JWilly
Level 2

We have an application which must be backed up daily.  Our vendor requires that every day, we back up two weeks worth of data.  New data is written every day.  This part is out of our control.  This includes actual files as well as SQL databases.  As a work around, I've written a vbscript to output most of what we want to a selection list backup script.  This script works great, but where I'm having a problem is with the data range on a particular set of files.  Here's what the selections look like in text form:

SERVER1
Microsoft SQL Server\Configuration
E:\Folder\*.* /SUBDIR
H:\*.* /SUBDIR /AFTER:07/21/2009 /BEFORE:08/04/2009

SERVER 2
D:\Program Files\CoreDir\BK321\AC0\*.* /SUBDIR

Where I'm having a problem is on the H:\*.* /SUBDIR /AFTER....   This is where it backs up files that have been created within the last two weeks.  I can't figure out how to put that into the selection list.  I made it write a line similar to that, but when it backed up in the log it said "The backup set may not contain any data" when it got to the part to back up those files.  The part of my selection list I created looks like this:

Path12=\\SERVER1\H:\*.* /AFTER:07/30/2009 /BEFORE:8/18/2009
INCLUDE12=1
SUBDIRS12=1

Forget that the dates don't match.  I pasted from an older file.  Is there any way to accomplist this from the BEMCMD command?  Alternately, can my selection list be modified to include that option and have it work correctly?

0 REPLIES 0