cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEREMOTE Macintosh Agent Fails

deuslugh85
Level 2
Anyone have success loading the new Macintosh agent, 13.0.2848, on OS 10.6 (aka Snow Leopard)? I know the OS is not yet supported for the 12.5 Agent but I've also read that the BE 2010 release should have support. Is this public beta agent not updated to support the newer Macintosh OS?

It appears that the agent installs and runs successfully, however the moment a media server attempts to connect to the server the service is killed.

See example:

b0207000 Wed Dec 16 15:05:59 2009 : NrdsAdvertiserThread: negative (purge) advertisement cycle complete.  Waiting 240 minutes before advertising again.

b0081000 Wed Dec 16 15:10:10 2009 : Control connection accepted : connection established between end-points 192.168.0.11:10000 and 192.168.0.4:3168

Killed

2 REPLIES 2

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You will have to wait till the final release of product for final word on support of Mac 10.6. Beta may not work.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The answer from the Product Management team within Symantec is that support for Snow Leopard will be provided by a Hotfix not long after BE 2010 is released, it will not be part of the initial launch of BE 2010. This explains why the public beta/ first availability trials will also not support Snow Leopard

For your information I own a personal MacBook and have been running Snow Leopard since just after release - I therefore tested Backup Exec 12.5 and saw the same symptoms you mention. I have not specifically tested the BE 2010 version of the agent.

These symptoms, along with the need to install the Mac legacy/compatibility product called Rosetta in order to install the agent in the first place have already been passed to our engineering teams.