cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS 12.5.2213 SP1 and Hotfixes

John_Gibel
Level 2

Has anyone else had issues getting and hotfixes and service packs installed into 12.5? I have tried via LiveUpdate and manual download and install with no luck. Most of the time I get a "LU1812" error or "V-225-136:  The patch failed to install." message in the logs. Looking at the update history it appears that no updates have installed in BEWS since it was upgraded to 12.5. I have looked at all the docs for these errors and none have worked.

What is up with Symantec software over the last couple of years? Between BEWS and Endpoint Protection I am spending way way too much time getting them to work and or function properly. How can anyone trust their servers to such problematic software? Before I dump a load of good money on bad software I will seriously consider other backup and security software when my maintenance contracts are up for renewal.

Does anyone have experience and suggestions on other software solutions?

10 REPLIES 10

mts2008
Level 2
Try http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316846.htm.  That worked for me to fix the live update error. 

GLowle
Level 2
Yep, worked for me too :)

John_Gibel
Level 2

mts2008 and GLowle,

Thanks for your replies, however the problem is not with LiveUpdate finding hotfixes and updates. LiveUpdate is finding plenty of updates, the problem is the updates are failing to install. LiveUpdate is working ok, Even when I manualy download and run the updates, they fail to install.

I get a "LU1812" error or "V-225-136:  The patch failed to install." message in the logs.

Anyone else have ideas??

Thanks

James_Poole
Level 3

There is probably some other errors or warnings in the install log after you run a patch.  Look for the string "return value 3" and "error".

More info is definitely needed for this issue.

Synermat
Level 3

Hello, I have same error V-225-136 when I try install SP1. The problem is on the location of database files :

Property(S): MDFPath = \\\D$\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\
Property(S): LDFPath = \\\D$\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\
Property(S): MDFDLOPath = D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\

The installer didn't concatenate with server name. So folder \\\D$ is not accessible. \\server-name\D$ is.

Try find server-name in registry to set it, no way...

thanks for the help,

Yves

Synermat
Level 3
hello, http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/307589.htm says delete BEInstParams.prm but no way to find it

Synermat
Level 3

okay, unhide system folders and find it, delete it, it works...

and problems why I install SP are not corrected, great !

Adiedler
Level 3

Hello,

I have a similiar problem. I ran LiveUpdate from BackupExec Application and the Update Progress seems to download the file SP 1 for BEWS 12.5 x64, but fails with the error LU1812, Installation failed. Anybody else the same problem?

SBS 2008 x64 Server with Backup Exec 12.5 for SBS

cpservice
Not applicable
Turn off UAC (User Account Control), you will have to reboot, the re-run LiveUpdate.

Brobban
Not applicable

I had the same problem, but when reading this thread I came up with a solution that worked fine for me.

I logged in as Admin, and right-clicked BUExec and chose "run as admin".

Thereafter I ran LiveUpdate as supposed and "Voila!". The SP was installed.

By doing this there is no need to disable the UAC.