cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS 12.5 need to modify RMAN script

Mike_Ely
Level 4

Hi there,

We're running BEWS 12.5 and RALUS64, and I really need to make a simple modification to the RMAN script that BEWS generates.  I've seen the "DBA Initiated Jobs Template" option, but don't see in there where to modify RMAN scripts, just send it to a different tape or something.

So where and how does this get done?

4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_K
Level 6

Bump! Can someone help this person with their question.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You run rman scripts from rman command prompt. You can find scripts for the same from RMAN guide. When you submit jobs from RMAN prompt, the job will get submitted to Backup Exec console automatically. If you want to send it to alternate device, you can modify the existing DBA initiated job template. For further assistance, you may refer following document:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO12567

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

Thanks

Mike_Ely
Level 4

I've seen that, and don't want a "DBA-Initiated Job" - I want to control the script that BUE uses when it kicks off a backup of a given Oracle instance.  It uses RMAN, so that script has to be somewhere.

I've tried creating my own RMAN template on the server to be backed up and pointing AgentConfig at that script, but BUE doesn't honor it - it still ignores the simple directive I've changed and uses the stock default script instead.

To summarize:

1. I want to continue with BUE initiating the backup rather than pushing it from the database server.
  2. I have created the RMAN template with settings I want and it is syntactically correct.
  3. BUE is ignoring that and running the generic script instead.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can't do that. Script is created dynamically based on what is selected in the backup job properties. Only way of using custom scripts is DBA-initiated job. When you can send scripts to RMAN, I am not sure why you would want to do the same through Backup Exec as well. It is all the same.

Thanks

Hemant