cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS 12 for Small Business Server

Layla
Level 3
Can anyone help me with understanding the way BEWS 12 for Small Business Server handles SharePoint? I had an eval copy running on a Windows Small Bus 2003 Std Server until two days ago when I entered the Small Business License Symantec gave me and now the following error appears when I run a backup.

Since it is a small business server and I bought a small business license I thought that it would include all the components I need.  I realize that when backup up a SharePoint Server you need the SharePoint add on license but since this version of SharePoint is included with Small Business Server do I still need that add on or is there a way to back it up that I am missing?
7 REPLIES 7

Layla
Level 3
This may have been resolved by creating a new job.  I created a new job identical to the old and ran it successfully.  It is scheduled to run again tonight.  We will see.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Do you have Backup Exec SBS Standard or SBS Premium?  

Layla
Level 3
Standard

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
(You must have posted this while I had my response open)
Yeah.  You have discovered one of the voodoo fixes for many BackupExec strangenesses Smiley Very Happy

Layla
Level 3
OK so more strangeness.  This SMB Server 2003 upgraded to BEWS for Small Business Server v12 from v11 is backing up to a RD1000 on a Dell PowerEdge 840.  Now the tape will not eject.  It ejected fine on v11.  Eject from the BEWS doesn't work, the button doesn't work and ejecting through Windows does not work.  Stopping and Starting Services doesn't seem to help either.  I found a thread that sounds similar for System Recovery 7.0 which is fixed in patch 7.02 can you tell me if this problem is something that is now showing up in BEWS?

Layla
Level 3
This is the link to the forum page I mentioned previous regarding the same problem with System Recovery 7.0

Alain_Zagury
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with an RD1000 and BEWS V12, the tapes does'nt Eject from BEWS. The only way I figured out is to force the eject from the Removable storage librairies in Windows computer management. Did you find a solution?

Many thanks in advance.