cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS 2010 for SBS - can the server be installed on a hyper-v host with the SBS in a hyper-v VM?

jensja
Not applicable

For a customer I bought BEWS 12.5 for SBS Premium. The SBS is installed as a virtual machine in Server 2008 with hyper-v role.
So I ran into the same problem as described here: www.symantec.com/connect/de/forums/backup-exec-sbs-2008-sbs-hyper-v-guest

I asked Symantec tech support, how to install BEWS 12.5 on this setup, but until today they were not able to help.
Following the advice from tech support I ran the testing version of the server product. But when I called support a few days ago, they gave me no replacement license to continue using it. (Instead they opened a new case and keep sending useless notifications)

Before I test BEWS 2010 I need to know if the SBS variant is still as crippled as the 12.5 and thus useless in a virtualized SBS 2008 environment, or if Symantec has become aware of this shortcoming and made it possible to use their costly product this time.

1 REPLY 1

DamPayne
Level 2
Partner
Would love to know the answer to above as well. Been watching the different forums regarding this question. Seems the question has been lingering for a while, so I have started to look elsewhere.
Does SBS version of BE product cover senario? Either way just want to know what agents are required to cover the HyperV running SBS and SQL server on one box.
Please, Please.....