cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS 2012 S.D.R will not load my S.D.R. file

AJINC
Level 3

Hello All,

I have run a full backup with BEWS 2012 and I am trying to create the disaster recovery disk.

I opened the create simplified disaster discovery disk wizard but when I get to the option to specify the location of the existing S.D.R. disk file  I browse to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\sdr\Data where the file QI-FS-02.questinsuranceinc.local.DR exist but when i try to select it I get a window saying "You must provide a valid source Simplified Disaster Recovery Disk" I click "OK" and I am back to the window to select the S.D.R. disk location or "From an image (.iso) file

Any ideas why it will not accept the location I specify that the file is in?

Thanks for any ideas.

MMJII

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need the SDR ISO image which is a separate download from the BE 2012 installation ISO image.  Pointing the SDR creation process to the .dr file will not do.

If you have not downloaded the SDR ISO image, then you are out of luck.  Due to a licencing problem with Microsoft, Veritas can no longer supply the SDR ISO image.  Furthermore, BE 2012 is EOL.

To use SDR, you need to upgrade to the latest version which is BE 16.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need the SDR ISO image which is a separate download from the BE 2012 installation ISO image.  Pointing the SDR creation process to the .dr file will not do.

If you have not downloaded the SDR ISO image, then you are out of luck.  Due to a licencing problem with Microsoft, Veritas can no longer supply the SDR ISO image.  Furthermore, BE 2012 is EOL.

To use SDR, you need to upgrade to the latest version which is BE 16.

Thanks for the information, I guess I'll upgrade