cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS fails with License Violation error for remote server backup when the only server being backed up is the local server.

AJINC
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a windos 2008 server that was being backed up by B.E.W.S 2010 R2, for some reason I now get jobs failed with the erroro

AOFO: Started for resource: "c:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). License Violation A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this editi...Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup ...V-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up this resource (c:), you must purchase and install a license key for the ap...

The server being backed up is the local server C & D drives, system state, utility partion, and shadow copy components service state no remote servers are being backed up. Any idea why my job is failing.

Thanks for any thoughts

ajinc

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Go into the licensing wizard and make sure the Remote Agent for WIndows Servers is selected. You still need this to backup the local server although it is covered by the media server license.

Thanks!