Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS issue with Trend Micro

Patil
Level 3
Partner
Hi All,
     Before 2 weeks I have updated my TrendMicro Antivrus in BEWS server, before that Full and Differential backup jobs are running as per requirement but after that upgradation Full job fails with corrupted Data encountered ( it is not able to backup few office files pst files) and also takes too much time to finsh with error, and Differential backup jobs are running at 38.00 MB /Min job rate which process only 30 GB data in 15hrs.  As per symantec T/S, I have excluded
.VSS/.VSP files
.tmp files
BEWS installation folder
BEremote.exe
bengine.exe
from Trendmicro Antivirus.
But still its running at slow speed

And after unloading TrendMicro client from media server it runs good compare to mentioned situation.

Thanks in Advance for your solution!!
3 REPLIES 3

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
 Hi,

You should also check that the real time scan of the Trendmicro client scans only on writing files and not when read/write (check on TM console under client management).
You should also exclude to scan the BackupExec AOFO folder on each drive (this is a hidden folder used for the open file backup).
Last but not least, check if the scheduled scan of the TM client does not run while you are running the backup.

Regards,
Nikos

Patil
Level 3
Partner
Hi Nia,
   Thanks for suggestion, I will check the backup status after doing suggested changes in TM, 
--AOFO folder is not available in any drive so cant exclude it.
--And schedule scan of backup server is on other time then backup schedule.

Once again thanks for you suugestion.

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
 Hi Patil,

Have you made the changes?