cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX 2010 - R2 and SBS 2011

RossG
Level 4
Partner

Just installed SBS 2011 - new Microsoft suite - SBS2011 - (Windows 2008 - R2, Exhange 2007 SP1.  Installed BES r2- sp1 4164 - with some hot fixes.   Backup was going fine for few nigts ... LAst night I got this error message,,  I looked it up and it tlaks about a Hotfix 143746  which Iassume is a part od SP1 now?

I also nticed I had to install few more hot fixes like .. 144101 148349,153090 which I just did. .   Not sure related...

I apprecaite any help on this issue,.,

Regards,

Ross

Job ended: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 at 2:40:08 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759 

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

e following backup sets contain Microsoft Exchange data. Symantec recommends that you install and use the Active Directory Recovery Agent to better manage your Microsoft Exchange data:

\\SIMSBS2011\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database
    \\SIMSBS2011\Microsoft Information Store\Public Folder Database 1274750997 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Willhoy
Level 3

It turned out to be circular logging... I think.

Working with Symantec's backline support, it was suggested that I disable circular logging on all Exchange databases.  This resolved the issue for the many SBS 2008/2011 servers I deal with that were experiencing this issue.  

That is, until now.  I have one of maybe 20 servers that continues to have the error despite disabling circular logging.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

SBS 2011 isn't supported by Backup Exec 2010 R2...you need to install BE 2010 R3 to get that support!

You should download the BE 2010 R3 SCL as verification...

Thanks! 

RossG
Level 4
Partner

Craig:

Thanks...  I know BEX 2010 - R3 was just relased.   The backup with BEX 201o-R2 worked again fine last night.  but I will try and install R3.   Iassume product keys are the same ?     Can I just run the setup to upgrade or does it require a clean uninstall and re- install if you know.

Regards

Ross

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Ross,

The same license keys you used for BE 2010 R2 will work with R3.

It would be a straight upgrade, no need to do a clean install.

Just follow the usual safety precautions before starting with the upgrade: ie. get a copy of your Catalogs/Data folders and stop your AV before doing the upgrade in case it interferes.

Run LiveUpdate in case there are any additional updates available, and then do a push-install to any remote servers you have for RAWS to be upgraded.

THanks!

RossG
Level 4
Partner

I got an error on the file attachedt when I run the setup of  

C:\Users\master\Desktop\BEX 2010 - R3\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64 

Could that be because a bad download?  I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Ross

C:\Users\master\Desktop\BEX 2010 - R3\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64 C:\Users\master\Desktop\BEX 2010 - R3\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64C:\Users\master\Desktop\BEX 2010 - R3\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64 C:\Users\master\Desktop\BEX 2010 - R3\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64 C:\Users\master\Desktop\BEX 2010 - R3\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64  

RossG
Level 4
Partner

I finally upgraded this SBS2011 installation from BEX 2010 R2 to R3 relaese.  I was told R2 is not saupported on on SBS 2011

After few nights again the attached error message came up with a backup fail status

Job ended: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 2:38:07 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information. 
Final error category: Resource Errors   V-79-57344-759 

Backup- \\SIMSBS2011\Microsoft Information Store\Public Folder Database 1274750997
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...
n/a

I appreciate any feedback on this,

Regards,

Ross

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\SIMSBS2011\Microsoft Information Store\Public Folder Database 1274750997
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...
n/a
'

Willhoy
Level 3

This error has been around since R1 if not the original 2010 product.  Like you said, with R2 they released a patch.  The patch doesn't always work.  Thier solution, don't use GRT.  (see: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH153784 )

The primary reason we use BE in congunction with BESR (now SSR) is for the ability to restore individual mail items.  Disabling GRT is hardly a fix.  

I currently have three customers on either SBS 2008 or 2011.  All running BE 2010 R3.  All three have this error every few days.  I have three open cases with Symantec, but am getting nowhere.  

Applications that are on all three failing servers:

BE 2010 R3
BESR or SSR
Mail Security for Exchange
SEP manager
SEP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Willhoy
Level 3

I spoke with a tech regarding one of my three servers today.  He asked me to do the following.

• Set all jobs to System Logon Account for credentials.  I did this in each job and Network --> Logon Accounts
  • In Exchange Management Console --> Toolbox --> Role Based Access Control RBAC User Editor.  Add domain\admin to Organization Management
  • In AD Users and Computers, add admin to the Administrators and Backup Operators groups.
  • LiveUpdate twice to make sure there are no more hotfixes.

He then told me to run the job and if it fails, uninstall the license and reinstall it.  

We'll see if it helps.

RossG
Level 4
Partner

Hello Willhoy.... 

Thanks for sharing and feedback... so has these steps helped to eliminate the once every few nights error annoying error?.  

I am not wha t you menat on the first steps to change the credential on BEX 2010 

did the 2ns step

do not have a  "Administrators and Backup Operators groups" under any security groups in AD Uusers and Computers?  is this normal?

I just a have a backup operat  hghhhh  jjjj' ALL hot fixes are there

Its the first time I got this error now back to back

I appreciate your feedback.  

Ross

Willhoy
Level 3

It turned out to be circular logging... I think.

Working with Symantec's backline support, it was suggested that I disable circular logging on all Exchange databases.  This resolved the issue for the many SBS 2008/2011 servers I deal with that were experiencing this issue.  

That is, until now.  I have one of maybe 20 servers that continues to have the error despite disabling circular logging.