cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX2012 SP1a with Hotfixes -> SBS2011 and SharePoint

fabiuske
Level 4

Good morning @all

I'm a little bit confused about the right configuration of the BEX 2012 with SBS2011.

The situation is the following.

1. Backing up Server Farm -> Everything is perfect! No Errors.

2. Full Backup Works well until -> The protocol indicates me, that i have to unselect the ldf files of the SharePoint Server and also that i have to select the SharePoint in the Backup. But when i select the SharePoint in the Backup Job of the SBS2011 Servers Fullbackup, everytime, backup finished with exceptions. But it would be niceer with Successfull -> What do i have to change?

3. Aber the Full Backup on Friday, i make everyday Differential Backups.

The onyl issue is that one, that i could not fix the issue with the ldf files.

Here's the logfile:

Auftragsabschlussstatus
Auftrag beendet am Freitag, 31. August 2012 um 02:37:53
Abschlussstatus: Mit Ausnahmen abgeschlossen

Ausnahmen
Klicken Sie auf eine der unten aufgeführten Ausnahmen, um diese im Auftragsprotokoll zu finden

Sichern- UR.local\SHAREPOINT
V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: SharePoint_AdminContent_f4dcea99-1856-4e4c-bc4a-382d5fbe7017 ist eine Kom...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: SharePoint_ConfigurationDatabase ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Ser...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: ShareWebDb ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Serverfarm. Sie muss mit ...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: WSS_Search_UR01 ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Serverfarm. Sie muss...

Sichern- \\UR.local\C:

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: SharePoint_AdminContent_f4dcea99-1856-4e4c-bc4a-382d5fbe7017.mdf ist eine...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: SharePoint_AdminContent_f4dcea99-1856-4e4c-bc4a-382d5fbe7017_log.LDF ist ...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: SharePoint_ConfigurationDatabase.mdf ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: SharePoint_ConfigurationDatabase_log.LDF ist eine Komponente einer ShareP...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: ShareWebDb.mdf ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Serverfarm. Sie muss ...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: ShareWebDb_log.LDF ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Serverfarm. Sie m...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: WSS_Search_UR.mdf ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Serverfarm. Sie mu...

V-79-57344-33925 - Fehler: WSS_Search_UR01_log.LDF ist eine Komponente einer SharePoint-Serverfarm. ...

What we want to reach is that point, that we have on every job <successful> :)

Hope for a little help on that because i've tried different settings. But if i didn't select the option SharePoint, then i will receive the ldf. When i DEselect ldf files, i have not a Simplified Disasterrecovery. Hmmm..... :(

Greetings Fabiuske

9 REPLIES 9

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Fabiuske,

The issue that you are facing is as mentioned in the following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161674 : Backup of local resources of a SBS 2011 (Small Business Server) Server completes with the exception "Error: Sharepoint_Admincont is a component of a Share Point server farm"

This can be safely ignored. Or you can use the workaround as mentioned in the technote.

Thanks,

-Sush...

fabiuske
Level 4

Hi Sush,

Well, i have already testet the workaround. But it doesn't help.

But thanks for the feedback.

Best,

Fabiuske

fabiuske
Level 4

Will try it again.. ;)

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do check this technote too

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196215

Thanks,

-Sush...

fabiuske
Level 4

Hello

Well, its not working. We now life with this verry unsuitable situation. I can't understand, that when i use Server Farm 1 Backup wich were successfully made, and i had the fullbackup job wich i have deselected the sharepoint and under sql databases the sharepoint database, that i receive this *.ldf and *.mdf exceptions.

Is it so complicated to have a successfull backup? ? ? ? ? ? ? Mission Impossible here with BEX2010.. To be honest, sometimes it makes me realy angry, that if i want to say, ohh, use a workaround like exception *.ldf or *.mdf then the simplified disasterrecovery didn't work.

I think Symantec needs to speedup for "not" a workaround but for a way, that i finally can close this case by this customer..

What we want:

1. Simplified Disasterrecovery

2. No SharePoint selected (no need for SharePoint)

3. At the End of Backup - Successfull and not Exception...

Greetings

ma_husyk
Level 2
Partner

I also like to have a way of backing up my SBS2011 without exeptions.

Is there something like best practise backup up SBS2011 with bex 2012 ?

EvilJester
Level 2
Partner

Same issue here and on all sites we've deployed BE2012. Server farm (SharePoint) backs up fine, get exceptions for including SharePoint in the backup for SBS2011, but unselect them to stop the exceptions and you lose the simplified disaster recovery green light. Rather disappointing.

On your BEX2010 check the 'selection details' tab of the backup. I would quite often find that although I had removed the tick from the selection, the include 'c:\*.*' , or 'SharePoint instances - include *.*' would remain.

Also I see you've deselected SharePoint, and the SQL instance, have you also deselected the flat files themselves?

Good luck!

Would love an answer to this myself, as the way it currently works makes the software seem rather unintelligent...

Monster
Level 4

This is just another beautiful example why Backup Exec is a product that no one should sell his customers, if he has a sense of responsibilities!

Warnings cannot be safely ignored! Explain that to a customer and he will keep asking about that issue and in the end be annoyed by that warning and angry with you!

And excluding the files will deactivate SDR. Isn't that great?

Please shoot me, if I am ever again reccommending a product by Symantec.

ma_husyk
Level 2
Partner

Microsoft SBS Server is disigned to Ignore some warnings, so that is not a good argument for that. There are many KB Artikels on technet. Do not hasitate to ask for examples if you like.

But I'm still looking for a good HowTo make a BestPractise SBS Backup scenario backup.