cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BKF compression algorithm

veritas8
Level 4

Screenshot (121).png

I m using compression in my bkf file and some of data is compressed and some are not.The shown screen-shot is compressed data of jpg file, so can anyone help me to tell which format so i used to crop the bkf file data of image file. because http://laytongraphics.com/mtf/MTF_100a.PDF in this link compressed block start from  FH block and also please tell me where to find a algoritm to decompress this data 

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What do you mean by crop the bkf file data of image file?  Do you want to remove the jpeg file from the .bkf file?  If so, this cannot be done.

no I doesnot mean that. I mean if I want to extract jpg file from my bkf file. but since it is compressed i cannot recover it so can you help me tell about compressed bkf format and it algorithm

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To recover the jpeg file, just restore it.

ok, but can it physically possible by seeing data in winhex which algorithm is used by veritas for compression and how this data can read in winhex did you know about that. I want the algorithm to decompress it. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The internal structure of the .bkf files are not published.  As such, you are on your own.

ok