cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BU 2012 not updating

School_Bus
Not applicable

I have a BU 2012 install on a 2008 Server that will not update, delete from server or let me add options to the install ( will download SP$ but will not install it). My jobs are still running normally?

Has anyone encounterd this?

Anybody have a solution?

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you ever worked with Tech Support and were given some kind of private fix for something and have not removed that fix that this can cause problems installing later updates. Note that tpically it would not be the first update after using a private fix that fails it would be the second (because of the way MSI handles the tracking of delta updates to files.)  Again if this is the cause of your issue it will need a support case.

Before you log any cases though

a) have you tried a manual download of the same update from the Backup Exec website instead of using LiveUpdate?

b) have you looked at the "bkupinst2012"  install log to see what errors have been recorded

c) if using Liveupdate try starting the liveupdate client but before you continue with the wizard close the BE console and stop all the BEservices. (sometimes the reason updates via LiveUpdate can fail is that a timeout occurs waiting for the services to stop.)

If none of this works then you will need a formal support case.

lmosla
Level 6

can you right click on the install and run it as an administrator?

if you have any antivirus running disable it and try again.

try running a repair on Backup Exec.  

close the Backup Exec Console then in Windows Control Panel, choose programs and features
Select Symantec Backup Exec, and then click Change.
Select Local installation and Repair

run a BEDB repair in BEutility