cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE 12.5, B2D disk shelves missing

Chuck_M1
Level 2

Long story short,  I reinstalled Backup Exec 12.5 on a Dell DL2000 (Windows 2008 x64 appliance) and now the disk shelves don't show up in Backup Exec.

The shelves are working fine from the OS perspective, I can assign them drive letters, mount them up and see files, but they don't exist from the perspective of Backup Exec.  What do I need to do to make them visable again?

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Were they backup to disk locations?  If that's the case, go to the Devices tab in Backup Exec, right click on Backup to Disk folders and select New Backup to Disk folder or Backup to disk Wizard to re-add them.

Chuck_M1
Level 2
They weren't actually visible there.  I ended up going through Dell's support and the only fix was (according to them) to download a custom reinstall tool from them and rebuild my entire system.  This worked, but now the new install can't backup most of my agents, failing with:
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost.  
Backup set canceled.

This seems odd, because the agents are all identical, (12.5.2213), all worked before the reinstall, test connections and resource selection works, and a few of them still backup correctly.  Suggestions?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Push out the RAWS agent again and try the backup.
Did you change the username/password?

Chuck_M1
Level 2
I got it working.  Turns out that the ports it was connecting from changed and I needed to update my firewall rules everywhere.

Now I need to figure out why it things my second shelf of disks isn't working (but only from Backup Exec.)  It autodiscovers fine, it works from the OS, it's plugged in to the first shelf and it worked before I reinstalled.