cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE 2012 Unable to remove servers

DaveWill2010
Level 2

Hi All,

Just recently upgraded to BackUp Exec 2012 and although the interface IS taking a little getting used to I AM enjoying getting to grips with it. For some reason the server that the Media Server is on shows itself 3 times in the Server list on the BACKUP and RESTORE page! It displays the same server as shown below.  The only entry I actually WANT fro this server is the one "Server2.headoffice.charlies 10.50.50.7.  I have tried a single right click on the erroneous entries but REMOVE doesnt come up as an option!  Any ideas?

Cheers
DW

10 REPLIES 10

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if TREE or LIST view is selected on the BE console..at the top..

delete server is available only in TREE view & not LIST view

EDIT**** Have seen such an issue where the server appears twice...one with IP address & one by name...Would suggest to call Symc Tech Support as there is a dB entry which needs to be removed

DaveWill2010
Level 2

Hi There,

TREE or LIST are not selcted and are in fact greyed out so cannot be selected.

VJware
Level 6

In that case, would suggest to contact Tech Support for the removal of the duplicate entry

dedupe-works
Level 5
Employee Accredited

This is expected because the nodes are created from the catalogs that were present at the time of upgrade.

Also, because the nodes are flagged as the media server, they cannot be deleted.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You might have backup sets which are created using these other monikers for your media server.  Click on these other monikers and check whether any backup sets exists.  You may need to delete these backup sets before you can delete these monikers.

SBE_User
Level 4

Was there ever a resolution for this issue?  I also have duplicate entries of the media server.  Why would multiple nodes be flagged as the media server?

I'd really like to remove the server from the list.  I've consolidated all of the jobs for the media server under a single, different server entry.

Thank you.

RicoLui
Level 4
Partner

I also got same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

RicoLui
Level 4
Partner

Hi VJware

How can switch Tree or List view? The button is greyed out.

Thanks!

sbora
Level 6

The issue with duplicate entries for backup exec server comes up for upgraded setups. This is because in BE 2012 the servers list is populated from catalogs. If the catalogs has server backed up as Netbios name, FQDN and IP address then there will be 3 entries in servers list in Backup Exec 2012.

For remote servers the duplicate entries can be removed from UI however this is not possible for backup exec server and this is by design. Please ignore the duplciate entries. 

Refer to following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186653

SBE_User
Level 4

...  this is not possible for backup exec server and this is by POOR design

FIFY

Thanks.