cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE 2012 target and initiator

vsuryana
Level 3

Hi, I want to do a backup from drive A to drive B using Symantec BUE 2012. I am not able to find an option that tells backup from this drive to another. Please let me know how I can specify my initiator drive (drive that needs to be backed up) and a target drive (drive that stores the backed up data).

Thanks,

Vidya Suryanarayana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Vidya, 

Im just a bit confused on what it is that youre trying to accomplish. I believe that youre just trying to backup the media server itself. You would not be backing up to a particular drive but rather the B2D folder that resides on a particular drive. You are able to create 1 B2D folder per drive location/volume. In this creation of the backup job job if you edit the selection list on the left hand side you are able to customize the selections that you want to be backed up. if you edit the selections on the right under "Backup" and select the storage tab you can select the B2D folder that resides on the drive you would like to backup to be stored on. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to setup a Backup to disk folder on Drive B and then create a backup job to backup drive A to that Backup to disk folder you created

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Vidya, 

Im just a bit confused on what it is that youre trying to accomplish. I believe that youre just trying to backup the media server itself. You would not be backing up to a particular drive but rather the B2D folder that resides on a particular drive. You are able to create 1 B2D folder per drive location/volume. In this creation of the backup job job if you edit the selection list on the left hand side you are able to customize the selections that you want to be backed up. if you edit the selections on the right under "Backup" and select the storage tab you can select the B2D folder that resides on the drive you would like to backup to be stored on. 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I hope you are not asking about Replication (where Drive B ends up being a copy of Drive A) as Backup Exec is NOT a replication product

What Backup Exec does is a backup process where data from drive A is stored inside files on Drive B (In a Disk Storage Device or B2D), but if you look in Windows Explorer Drive B content will not equal Drive A)

vsuryana
Level 3

Thank you for your responses. I am now able to successfully backup to drive.

Thanks,

Vidya Suryanarayana

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please mark the post that helped.

Thanks!