cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE2012/Exchange 2010 Dag issues

jfkana
Level 4

So after re-jigging our configuration for BUE2012(sp1a) and Exchange2010, i had it set with the right datastores and to backup using passive copy only.

Every time this runs - it now runs at fast speeds - 3, 4 even 5GB/min, but it fails with V-79-57344-894 saying it cannot access a passive copy using our preferred server settings - despite backing up about 20 gig of data and only accessing the local server which we want.

If i set BUE to do passive or active, it must just access the active copy, but this goes out over WAN to our off-site servers, even though these aren't in the preferred server list.

How do i get this job to complete successfully - without going out over the WAN - reading only from our LOCAL server, none of the others.

1 REPLY 1

lmosla
Level 6

try the following:

1. edit the preferred servers list 
  2. make sure replication is not running during the backup (stop the replication service before the backup and start it again after)
  3. tell backup exec to use the IP address relating to the network you want it to go over

Also see the Note: on Designing a Preferred Servier Configuration 

'When you designate a default preferred server configuration, it is not applied to existing backup jobs. It is considered the default preferred server configuration for any subsequent backup jobs that you create'