cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE2012 & vCenter - "Solution is not responding"

pshankland
Level 4

Hi all,

Am using BUE2012 with all the latest patches trying to backup vSphere 4 through vCenter and occasionally get the following error:

Ayone seen this and got any ideas? The backup still runs but we then seem to get an error with BUE not deleting the snapshot once completed.

Thanks.

Pete.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...we had a similar issue with Veeam Backup and Replication and vSphere 4. The solution we put in place was to upgrade to vSphere 4.1 U2 which solved the issue.

What would happen was that the snapshot command would be initiated, and come time to release, it would end up hanging the VM for hours while the snapshot was deleted.

pshankland
Level 4

Just in the process of upgrading to 4.1.0, 702113 as that is 4.1 U2 with all the latest patches.

Once done on all boxes I'll give the backup another go and post back.

Thanks for the help.

Abed_S_
Level 4

Upgrade to 5.0.0

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the last post was 2 months ago (?), but suggesting a major upgrade to VMware isn't the answer unless you can back it up with fact.

kipman
Not applicable

We're running 5.0U1 and are seeing this.  It seems that BE is fine as long as only one backup is running at any given time, but introduce a second and that seems to be when the issue arrises.  Obviously, hanging backups are not the least bit desirable.  The only other thing I can think of is that we are using the vcenter appliance rather than vcenter built on Windows and we are using direct SAN access from the BE server.  Got all the patches and hotfixes on BE 2012 that exist as of 20 September 2012.

JeroenL
Level 3
Partner

I am running vCenter 5.0 U1 in a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM and have the same problems.

BackupExec 2012 Sp1 and all hotfixes. They have some serious bugfixing work to do at Symantec!