cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUExec2012 The BackupExec Management Service was unable to start

Sander_Jacobs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

we have upgraded backup exec 2010R3 to 2012. at the end of the installation, we have rebooted the server and ran liveupdate. it showed SP1a, so we have installed the SP.

when we start the BackupExec 2012, we cannot log in to the program. the error what is showing is:

The BackupExec Management Service was unable to start

when i look at the services, all the services are running

8 REPLIES 8

Sander_Jacobs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

the second one i know about..

the first one is for envirement windows server 2003.. i cant find the ISS admin service on server 2008

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I  thinks it's best to contact Symantec Support about this issue, and point them to TECH188675.

AFratzoglou
Not applicable

SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service was running??

I had a similar almost problem, my services not running at all!!!

I try the to run them with local system (default) but nothing, when i change them with the domain admin account then all services start and until know i don't have any problem!!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have the second one you should also see the Event log message. If your symptoms match then we are still investigating the issue. 

One or two customers have indicated that regional language settings in the operating system appears to be the cause, so it might be worth trying to set English (American) settings. However I am not sure that has fixed all customers so you may still have to create a formal support case (as the article suggests)

Sander_Jacobs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

i have opened a support case..

@Colin Weaver..  i have set the regional language settings to Engelish United States, but nothing changed

Colin_Weaver

Hi Sander

I also suggest that if you have not installed Sp1a that you install this

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186717

Colin

Colin_Weaver

OK it looks like we have a solution

Issue is caused by an invalid .XML entry inside teh .NETFRAMEWORK machine.config files. Backup Exec 2012 cannot handle this invalid code and fails.

Fix is to correct the entries (you may have at least 2 versions of machine.config to check)

Article is here

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195492