cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BacKupExec 2012 - 1Trabajo en 2 Cintas

oshuam
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Tengo el Backup Exec 2012 instalado conectado a un tape drive IBM. Los trabajos de backup están funcionando bien excepto uno el tiene la siguiente característica. 

EL trabajo de Backup ocupa 2 cintas (Respaldo de un File Server), al termino de la primera me indica para colocar la cinta número 2 pero cada vez que la coloco esta no es aceptada y la expulsa y me indica nuevamente que tengo que ingresar la cinta y se queda en ese ciclo.

Lo que se ha hecho es actulizar el Backup hasta su último update (con la herramienta liveupdate).

Se ha realizado el descarte con dos diferentes juegos de cintas.

Se ha enviado el trabajo dos veces y presenta el mismo problema.

Lo particular es que con el BackupExec  2010 R2 si se podía realizar este trabajo y era transparente.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If that tape is not appendable or overwritable, then the tape gets ejected. Check your media set properties to make sure that the APP/OPP settings allow tapes to be moved to Scratch on time.

You can test this by erasing 2 tapes and running the backup...

oshuam
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the reply ... That's one of the tests that were conducted, including using two different sets of tapes but the problem persists.
Attached capture: Tape 1 (full) and tape 2 (empty).

CraigV

...are you perhaps using an autoloader/library with partitions?

oshuam
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have only one tape recorder, tape change is manual...

CraigV

OK, then erase 2 tapes and run the backup again. If it accepts the second tape and continues the backup, then the tapes you are using are either not appendable/overwritable, or your media set properties are incorrect.

oshuam
Level 3
Partner Accredited

What should be their properties?
Because I have the following:
Appendable Infinite and Overwrite Protection is in one week.
I'd appreciate if you can tell me if this is correct.

CraigV

For now, don't worry about it. Erase the tapes and they get put into the Scratch set. Run your backup and see if it goes through. If it does, then the media set properties can be considered.

Thanks!