cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up Exec Mysteries

MSBova
Level 3

I recently upgraded to 2012 and i'm contemplating a downgrade for the lack of confidence in the backups.  I was able to somewhat recreate my jobs using the groups tab, however I still get multiple emails and i'm looking at one server that's going on 11 hours to verify. Plus my recent backup spread each server on a different tape.  Is there a way to associate a group backup to use one tape?  I used to be able to get all of Mondays on one, Tuesdays on one etc and saved the big boys for the weekend.  I'm using LTO4 tapes.  Overall i'm pretty frustrated with this release, the learning curve is huge and it's consumed WAY to much of time these past couple of weeks.

Thanks for any insight.

4 REPLIES 4

Digital_Kru
Level 2
Employee Accredited

MSBova - can you please post your support case #.  Also - have you seen the Backup Exec Training Modules just to the right of this page?  It may contain items that would resolve what you're looking for.

MSBova
Level 3

I initiated a support case yet, still compiling notes.  I saw the training modules, but also saw they cost 50 bucks to view them.

Digital_Kru
Level 2
Employee Accredited

MSBova - Sorry about that - I was thinking that they were the video series on the product. Check out the video series on the various features of Backup Exec 2012 - this may have some items for you then. 

Here is one on sending multiple jobs to one tape that you ask about, and once on that page, all the other videos are below this. 

http://www.symantec.com/tv/products/details.jsp?vid=1708179424001&subcategory=backupexec_2012

Hope this helps.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can get your backups onto one tape. See this document

How to back up multiple servers to a single series of tapes in Backup Exec 2012