cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back-up Exec giving an error

JamesNjenga
Level 3

I do incremetal back up and full back up once a week. However, for the past two weeks i got the below error and my back-up failed..

category    : Resource Errors

Error             : e000fedf - A failure occurred reading an object.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65247

One or more Microsoft Exchange databases were backed up but the Symantec Backup Exec Active Directory Recovery Agent is not installed. Symantec recommends that you install and use the Active Directory Recovery Agent to better manage your Microsoft Exchange data.

6 REPLIES 6

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

What backup is this , Is this the backup for exchange or system state backup

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Ignore the error about the ADRA agent...you don't need it to backup or restore Exchange.

Can you check and make sure that you have no VSS errors on the Exchange server? Does it show you exactly what it is failing on?

I've personally had the same error when trying to back up System States...putting in an exclusion for McAfee to stop scanning the BE services sorted this out, so check it out too...

You might also want to try backing up Exchange in its own job to see if the error reoccurs.

Thanks!

JamesNjenga
Level 3

It is a system state back-up..

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check the link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76478

Hope that helps

Thanks

JamesNjenga
Level 3

Hi and Thnx..

I have tried the above solution and it failed....

fginacio
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Check this follow action plan:

++ keep the BUE up-to-date with all SP and hotfixes;

++ keep the Media Server and Exchange server up-to-date with all hotfixes (including exchange hotfixes);

++ run a isinteg according this MS post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvradmin/thread/7a3218d0-0865-48cb-ad27-78cc49...

Let me know about the results.