Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackUp Exec Log FIle

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Hi Guys,

I am a developer,working on .NET
I am in a process of decoding the log file created by BackUp Exec (XML FILE).

Please help me in finding out what is the meaning of each tags inside the XML log file.
19 REPLIES 19

Renuka_-
Level 6
Hello,

Please mention the tags you are having difficulties with.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Thanks for the reply,
I just have XML files with me,
Do we have any dictionary or document what are different tags and its usage.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Hello,

We do not have any officila document that is publicly available for this subject.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Thanks.. hummm..
Can you help me how can I get it.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Please help me on this.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are you looking for the XML information configuration files? Veritas has no XML information configuration files to decipher XML files.

In case you need to convert a job log file to a text format, type the following at a command prompt:
bemcmd -o31 -f""
For example, to display the job log C:\program files\Backup Exec\NT\Data\bex00001.xml in text format to the command prompt, you would type:
bemcmd -o31 -f"C:\program files\Backup Exec\NT\Data\bex00001.xml"
Bemcmd will translate the XML files to text.

Does this answer your question? If not, do write back to the forum.
However if we do not receive your update in another two days this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Thanks for the Reply
I am sorry it does not answer my question,
Actually we want to decode the XML file generated by Veritas and upload them into database automatically,
for that we require to decode the XML file and so we need to know the meaning of each and every tags which gets written.

FYI,
I am working for reputed bank having around more then half a million employees around the world.
It is important for us to make the XML log file decoded automatically.

I will appericiate if XML information document can be provided for our reference.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Please help me in above.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

We understand you concern but as stated earlier there is no official document published to decode a XML log file.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
HI Ajit,

Thanks for the reply,

Is their any way of getting workaround,
Do you want us (Company) to coordinate with the Veritas Support group for the help.
Will this work?

Please reply as I have deadline of July 20th for the making a system for this.

Regards,
Nitin.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Hello Nitin,

As stated before this information as of now has not been published for public access.
What do you mean by co-ordinate with the support group? Another way in which you can get a confirmation on this is to call the voice support line. If you wish to do so the numbers can be accessed from the support site.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Hi Renuk,

Ok I got it.
If I dont have the documentation for XML then plesse help me getting the workaround.

Asexplain by me we need to automate it How can I do it now.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Nitin,

We are extremely sorry. Unfortunately there is no workaround for decoding the XML Tags.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.

Just want to know, Like BrightStor ArcServe does veritas has an option with the help of which the logs of the backup can be saved in SQL server instead of XML log files.

Regards,
Nitin.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Nitin,

currently there is no function which enables one to store the job logs in a SQL instance.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Nitin_Rastogi
Level 3
Please Reply.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Hope your question is answered.

Please let us know if we can mark this thread as assumed answered.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
I do not see where is the problem is.

To extract data from the log files it is quite eaasy (but a lot of work) to look for the specific strings.

BTW, I will have a look at the ArcLog Distiller, which should be available for BE10 soon (only 9.1 and less now):

http://www.arclog.com

(Have absolutely no connection to this company)

Maybe it could help with this task.

greetings
Peter

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the above mentioned solution was helpful.