cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backed-up Oracle control file is not listed on Restore Selection

putusurya_gs
Level 3

Dear Experts,

I just upgrade my oracle instance from 10.2.0.3 P18 to 10.2.0.4 P45, does it has effect to my Symantec Backup exec oracle agent?

Because after i upgrade the oracle, the list of backed up oracle control file is not updated, the newest control file listed is dated 8 Oct 2012 (i upgrade the oracle on 8 Oct mid-night). The backup job for 9 Oct and 10 Oct is successfull without any errors, but i cannot find the new backed up control file listed on Restore selection.

Do i need to reinstall the Oracle Agent?

I will appreciate your comments...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

putusurya_gs
Level 3

Hi Lilavati,

Thanks for your reply.

I've ran inventory and catalog but none of them working.

So, I reinstall oracle agent and restart services, the list of backed up control files is now appear. I can test the redirected oracle restore without any issues anymore.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lilavati
Level 4
Employee

Actually there should not be any issue if you are upgrading the database, still you can check following things.

1) Can you please check dates in restore wizard/window, if they are proper or not

If you are using Backup Exec 2010 check "Beginning backup date" and "Ending backup date" in restore window

If it is Backup Exec 2012 check "show backup from" date

2) Run Inventory and catalog of Media 

3) Restart the beremote service if above two options does not work.

putusurya_gs
Level 3

Hi Lilavati,

Thanks for your reply.

I've ran inventory and catalog but none of them working.

So, I reinstall oracle agent and restart services, the list of backed up control files is now appear. I can test the redirected oracle restore without any issues anymore.

Thank you.