cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Endpoint Protection configuration

BRH15
Level 4

Is there a way to use Backup Exec to backup Endpoint Protection Manager? i was trying to just find the files/folders located on my SEPM server, that are needed to preserve my data without using their backup tool. I would prefer to not have to log onto another server weekely to do this backup procedure.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

I don't believe that there is. SEPM's data is stored in a database, but Backup Exec doesn't have an agent for it, and just backing up the database files while the database is running is never a good idea, so Backup Exec skips them.

Logging into the SEPM server and running the backup utility appears to be the only way to do it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

I don't believe that there is. SEPM's data is stored in a database, but Backup Exec doesn't have an agent for it, and just backing up the database files while the database is running is never a good idea, so Backup Exec skips them.

Logging into the SEPM server and running the backup utility appears to be the only way to do it.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Just to clarify, this is true if you are using the built-in SEPM database. If you are using SQL Server as the SEPM database, then you can treat it as any other SQL Server.