cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Exchange 2010 Event ID 531 ESE.dll

Vdang
Level 4

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has encounter this issue before with regards to backing up exchange database. Now with that being said our job completes without any issues. The database backup that is currently setup is set to go to disk then to tape it completes without any issues. In addition, I have edit the following registry key so that exchange cache itself to our B2D folder rather than the C drive, "\\XXXX\Software\Symantec\Backup exec for windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Exchange Onhosttemp and specifying our B2D folder." However, from within the windows event log it is reporting the following issue.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        ESE
Date:          3/8/2016 12:55:44 AM
Event ID:      531
Task Category: (12)
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      XXXX
Description:
The description for Event ID 531 from source ESE cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

beremote
D:\BEData\Backup Exec\IMG11\vdb_2016_03_08_0800_45\Executives.edb

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message tableFurthermore, the strange thing is that according to the job log the job had been cache at the following path way instead of what is listed in windows event log.

Media Label: IMG000121
GRT backup set folder: D:\BEData\IMG000121

Now There is one more thing that I have notice and that is there is a ESE registry key at the following path "\\XXXX\Software\Symantec\Backup exec for windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Ese" with a Reg_SZ that is pointing to the C:temp instead of our B2D folder and so I am wondering if this is the cause of our issue or perhaps there is another bug.

0 REPLIES 0