cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Exchange 2010 failed with Backup Exec 2012

Baps_CPC
Level 3

I am using a Backup Exec 2012 in a Win Srv 2008 R2. All backup Jobs site on a NAS Server. My exchange 2010 backup failed every time it riche 47 or 52 Gb and stuck on loading media for more than 20hours now.

What can be the origine of this issue. All servers are patched. I desable AOFO.

All VSS writers in the backup server are stable with no error. 

All VSS writers in the exchange server are stable with no error except ASR writers that failed with timed out status and exchange writer that is  no error, waiting for completion(this is normal because the backup still running and tuck on loading media).

All VSS writers in the NAS server are stable with no error. 

Please advise. Rebooted all servers will just bring back all writers stable, but just job will stuck again when it reach 47 to 52 Gb.

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check the property Maximum file size of your disk storage folder

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74138

Baps_CPC
Level 3

Here is my disk

Here here the error I have

You have selected the Storage Provisioning Option during installation; however, Backup Exec did not detect an installed hardware provider that is required for this option.

Install the vendor-supplied Virtual Disk Service hardware provider for each of the storage arrays that you want to use with Backup Exec. If you do not have a hardware provider, you should deselect the Storage Provisioning Option. If you have uninstalled the Virtual Disk Service hardware provider, re-install it.

If you have installed the vendor-supplied Virtual Disk Server hardware provider and this error appears, troubleshoot the issue by referring to the vendor documentation that is supplied with the storage array, or contact your storage array vendor.

setting.  

Baps_CPC
Level 3

The Maximum file size is the same with all my backup and I already backup more than 180 Gb