cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up NAS on different domain - Final error: 0xe0000383

Lee_Chisholm
Level 4

Windows Server 2003.

Backup Exec 12.5 / Backup to Tape (Up to date with latest hotfixes etc)

Final error: 0xe0000383 - Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows.

The setup ------------------- 

Domain1 - EMC NAS.

Domain2 - BE 12.5 Server.

domain1\administrator & domain2\administrator (both accounts have full NAS / Domain / Backup_Operator BE Access etc.

Hello,

We are currently finalising a domain migration, but we have ran into problems.

----------------------------------

The error we receive is - 

Job ended: 12 July 2011 at 11:42:12 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000383 - Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows. Ensure that your logon credentials are correctly entered and that they meet the following minimum requirements to log on to a Windows computer: - The credentials used are a member of the Backup Operators group. - For Windows Vista/2008 and later, the credentials have the Log on as a batch job privilege. Additional privileges may be required to access resources on the Windows computer. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-899

I am currently running the backup job selecting the IP address of the NAS. We also have share names that I have configured in DNS so that hostnames can be identified in both domain. share.domain1.co.uk & share.domain2.co.uk (this also failed)

I'm not sure if i'm barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm struggling to find a way to get this to work, without fully migrating the NAS (we are not in a position to do this yet. I believe I may be forced to move the BE server back to domain1 until ready to migrate both NAS and BE server.

Any help or pointers here would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Lee.

0 REPLIES 0