cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up QNAP Shares

rodgeralley86
Level 2

We have backup exec Version 20.4 Rev. 1188 installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server.  Our primary file server is a QNAP TVS-EC2470U-SAS-RP. 

Currently, we use NFS shares for the company to be able to access the files.  We would like to be able to backup the data on the QNAP with backup exec, but I can't seem to find a way to do so.  When I tried to run the backup, I got the following error:

V-79-57344-3844 - The Backup Exec server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine QNAP.***.***.COM.  

The Backup Exec server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation. 

V-79-57344-65277 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\QNAP.***.***.COM\ShareName". Snapshot technology used: No. 

Remote Agent not detected on QNAP.***.***.COM.

I cannot seem to figure out how to fix this but would like to do it as soon as possible to get our backups on track.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Most NAS devices do not support installing a BE agent on them, so you just have to backup without the agent and accept the job exceptions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Most NAS devices do not support installing a BE agent on them, so you just have to backup without the agent and accept the job exceptions.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The errors should be seen as warning (that cannot be disabled).
The backup should proceed if backup job is configured correctly.

Please see this TN for detailed instructions to backup NAS/CIFS:
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100008169.html

I saw the exceptions and missed the part that it had actually completed the backup regardless of the exceptions.  First day back from vacation.  Thank you!

Thanks to both of you!