cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up an exchange mail cluster

tim_groleau
Level 3
I have been having issues backing up my echange server. When the back up runs is says snapshot processing for a very long time, sometime 15 hours then fails with 0 data collected. Exchange is running on a 2008 box, and is in a windows cluster. I have AOFO unchecked, but every time the backup fails after a long time with "Advanced Open File Option used: No. Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found". any ideas? I use
3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Tim,

Are you backing up the Information Stores in the "virtual server" itself, or from the active cluster node?
I take it that AOFO is not selected in the job itself? Have you looked at deselecting it in the Options as well?
Also, which version of BEWS is this...?

Laters!

tech29
Level 6
Hey Tim,

It seems you are backing up exchange 2007 here.. Exchange 2007 backup will always be a snapshot based backup.

Looking at the error message, make sure that Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS service) on your exchange server is not disabled, if it is disabled, enable and start it.

Also check the event viewer on the exchange server, and check if there are any VSS related events there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
tech29

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news...?