cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up multiple B2D jobs to Tape

Chris_Heart
Not applicable

I have a question about a backup procedure that I can not seem to figure out.

I have multiple folders from different servers that I backup.  Currently I have a policy that each job uses where they backup to disc, then duplicate to tape.  I am completely tired of coming in after a weekend of full backups only to find that one of the jobs got hungup on the duplication for whatever reason and I have to manually start each job.  I am in the process of fixing my autoloader, but that is another issue altogether.

My goal now is to have a job that backs up all my folders to disc(in separate jobs) back-to-back, then one duplication job to copy all those to tape.  I'm still playing with backup exec, but wondered if anybody here knew of a way to make this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not backup your B2D folders as if they are ordinary folders.  You should always duplicate your backup sets.

You can use a manual duplication job to duplicate all your disk backup sets to tape at one go.  With a manual duplicate job, you can select any backup set to duplicate, but you would have to use a new manual duplicate job and re-select the backup sets to duplicate each time you want to do the manual duplicate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not backup your B2D folders as if they are ordinary folders.  You should always duplicate your backup sets.

You can use a manual duplication job to duplicate all your disk backup sets to tape at one go.  With a manual duplicate job, you can select any backup set to duplicate, but you would have to use a new manual duplicate job and re-select the backup sets to duplicate each time you want to do the manual duplicate.