cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up secondary storage locaion that's an EMC Data Domain

Moltron1
Level 5
Hey folks, I recently integrated Enterprise Vault with one of our Data Domain deduplication appliances - which involves having EV create collections and migrating them off to the Data Domain. That works fine. BUT - now I am realizing that the EV backup agent does not reach out to the secondary storage location of the vault store to back that up. We have a data domain at our DR site, and one at our main site. They have the capability of replicating to each other and also scheduling snapshots as a way of backing up a point in time, however restoration is all or nothing. Right now, I've configured Backup Exec 2012 to backup the CIFS share of one data domain to another as a means of backup and redundancy. Doing CIFS backups are pretty slow, but offer the ability to pick what I want to restore if needed. I'm looking for some comments or suggestions on backing up this secondary location...
1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you'd probably have to look at replicating the configuration in the second site by adding in another media server.