cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up servers to a Netgear readynas 3220

jgough
Level 3

Hi,

We are having trouble backing up servers from our 2012 media server across the network to a Netgear Readynas 3220. We keep getting the backup to disk folders going offline and as a result we cannot get backups to those folders.

Any help with troubleshooting would be gratfully reciebved.

Regards

J

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi J,

This particular NAS is supported for both CIFS and iSCSI B2D targets (Check the BE 2012 HCL where it shows the 3200-series). I assume you're using CIFS. Have you tried iSCSI?

I used the Iomega ix/px-series NAS arays with iSCSI and found (after trying and battling with CIFS!) that this was a lot more stable with drives not being disconnected. It also got around a number of authentication issues I was having connecting to the network B2D using CIFS.

This might be worth looking into.

Thanks!

jgough
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to iscsi, is it somthing I just need to turn on/configure???. I had checked the hardware compat list and thought we should be ok with 3200 being listed as a family. Its currently being backed up with ntbackup as we can get it to work with backup exec, so I know the device is good.

J

GlynnOswestry
Level 3

We are getting the same problem and after a feww weeks of back and forth were advised by Symantec that the RN3220 was not supported at all, they said that the RN3200 related to just the RN3200 and not the family.

I have now upgraded to BE2014 and about to try it out - fingers crossed